NEW ADVENTURES

Friday 1 September 2017



I can't believe I am writing this post. Bloody hell! Only yesterday it seemed like it was 100 days away and now it is finally here. As you are reading this today I am moving (obviously writing this before) but today I move! I am moving! (I get that I am repeating myself but it is only because I am trying to get it to sink in.)

I live in a smallish town in Scotland (not too small as I don't know everyone but small enough) and today I am moving to the capital city Edinburgh for uni. It's bloody insane. I never thought I would get here. Throughout every stage of life, I have been trying to reach the stage of going to uni I just never thought it would actually happen. It's funny that, you try to achieve these things and know it is coming but somehow you are never prepared for a big life change no matter how hard you try.

I know I will be back but having to leave so many people and things behind is going to be really hard for me. I know I am going to see them again and just because I am moving for nine months out of the year for four years doesn't mean I am never going to not see them again. It is just something that I am really struggling with the thought.

It's funny that. To start something new, you always have to leave something behind. There's always a challenge before you can start a new and exciting chapter.

I am about to turn 18 and I know if there's any time to be selfish and do the things I want and need to do, then the time is now. One day I know I want a family and to settle down in the future so now is the time to be selfish. Take time out for me.

I am honestly so excited. Obviously really nervous but so excited to become more independent. Have my own little place that is just mine. Start my life as an independent adult. Oh, how I still think I am five sometimes.

I am ecstatic to start learning again. I was talking to my friend the other day about this and she called me weird, but having two to three months off with doing nothing, learning nothing I have seen such a big difference in myself. I find my ability to get motivated and to even speak English is becoming a bit difficult. I am always craving to learn. I'm just finally excited to learn something I want to learn and not a subject that I took because I was running out of subjects to take, like in high school.

I've even decided I am going to teach myself German and Spanish. I have already learned quite a bit of German and a little Spanish in school but I have forgotten most of it. I think this would come in handy with the line of work that I am hoping to do as I am taking a course in tourism, so very handy. But, also because I just want to learn. It is something new. Something to do that isn't going to be uni work. Something that is just for me and has no deadlines. The one thing I hated about learning German in high school was the tests and deadlines. I just wanted to learn it at my own pace. So finally it is time.

Are you starting a new adventure soon? Big or small I want to know, tell me in the comments I would love to hear everything you are doing in your life.

Thank you for reading.
I can't believe that by the time you are reading this that I am moving into my own little flat (kinda!). I am beyond excited.

Becks x

4 comments

  1. That's awesome you want to learn more languages xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy your move to the city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this read babe, I love that you want to learn other languages. I can't wait to read about your adventures in uni babe, good luck with everything! 🌸✨

    With love, Alisha Valerie. x
    www.alishavalerie.com | www.twitter.com/alishavalerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I wish you all the luck and if you ever need to practise your German with someone, hit me up :) - I love Edinburgh!

    Marc | www.ohbuggerall.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© RebeccaxElaine. Design by FCD.