MAKEUP REVOLUTION ULTRA CONTOUR LIGHT AND SHADE PALETTE REVIEW

Friday 2 March 2018










Makeup Revolution, the brand of dupes. This has
 been such a controversial topic recently, as 
to if copying another brands idea is morally okay. 
However, I won't get into that in this post. 

This palette is a dupe for the ever famous 
Kat Von D 'Shade and Light' palette 
(which I have never tried).  

I have used many Makeup Revolution products
 before, many good many bad. 
There eyeshadow palettes though are my 
favourite product of theirs that they do. 





Of course the quality isn't quite high-end but is definitely one of the best on the drugstore/ high-street market. For the cheap prices they offer is was pleasantly surprised. This palette only cost me £8 out of Superdrug. 

If you like mattes and don't mind if a palette doesn't have any shimmer shades then this palette 
may be for you. I get great enjoy out of this palette for an everyday look and on occasions. 
This palette would be the best for a sultry
 smokey-eye look.



Unfortunately this palette has a lot of dark tones, which if you are not a pro at blending eyeshadow it can make you look a bit like you have a black eye. I would have put a few lighter tones in there. Overall though, if you use a dab of the eyeshadow and blend blend blend you can make a really nice eye look out of it.

I would recommend this palette to those of you who like mattes, and a lot of dark brown tones for your eyes. Otherwise I would just skip this palette and find another one. Makeup Revolution do some other palettes which are gorgeous which might be more up your alley.

The packaging as well isn't my favourite but for the price I can let it slide. The whole plastic packaging somehow always breaks for me, the lid always snaps off and I am forever having to try and keep it on whilst travelling. Is this just me that it always happens to or you too?

If you want to have a further look at this palette or purchase it you can just click the links here -  Superdrug or Tam Beauty

*This post was not sponsored*

Thank you for reading.
Hope you come for a quick read again. I post every three days.

Rebecca Elaine x

5 comments

  1. I don't personally wear eyeshadow, but I would definitely consider this palette, particularly for the price!

    Amy | hookedonthemusic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a lovely palette but I don’t wear an awful lot of dark tones AND I’m useless at blending!

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely more of a shimmer kinda girl myself but I have been experimenting with more mattes recently so this looks like a fab pick for when I'm a little more used to using them! I do love Make Up Revolution though, it's one of my favourite brands! xo
    Sian | www.siankathrine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make up revolution do so many amazing products! I'm definitely gonna look into this palette - it is so beautiful!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make up revolution is a must from me. I agree the quality isn’t quite the same as the £40 counterparts out there but I have only heard good things about this. Loving your swatches

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© RebeccaxElaine. Design by FCD.