SEEING AND MEETING DAVID TENNANT

Tuesday 20 March 2018




On Saturday 17th March 2018, I was lucky enough to get tickets to go see An Audience with David Tennant. My mum one morning in January got up early and stood in a queue hoping to get me tickets and luckily she managed to. I thought I'd just write a post to document the day.

If you know me personally, you will know how much I have loved David Tennant since I was 5. I used to pretend I was his companion and run about the street conquering aliens. As I have grown up, no matter what he has starred in, that being a small part or a vital role I have been there sitting on the couch watching. Mostly everyone has that one person they admire and would love to meet and David Tennant is that one for me.

Last year, there was a time in my life which was really hard for me and all I did was sit and watch David Tennant's episodes in Doctor Who. It's crazy because he has no idea who I am but at the same time he helped me through his acting to find peace and happiness during this time.





On Saturday 17th before going to see David Tennant do his Question and Answer, my mum and I didn't know he was screening his new movie You, Me and Him and he was signing things for many fans and taking some photos. As I didn't know that I didn't think I would get the chance.

However, me and my mum went early and sat about waiting for the time for the Q and A to come and people started to come out from seeing his new film so me and my mum went and stood in the hallway. We were standing to the right of it and I said to my mum "it's a bit crowded here lets move to the side". Lucky I did.

A moment later and I look round and who's coming down the stairs? David Tennant that's who. I was just excited to get to see him so at least I could say that. He took a picture with another fan and then kept on walking. My mum manages to find a space and as he is about to walk down the stairs to go to wherever he needed to go. My mum stopped him and asked if I could get a picture with him and his reply is "Yes, of course".

I am not going to lie, in that moment I freaked out. The moment I had been waiting for, for thirteen years was actually happening. Time seemed so slow in the moment but afterwards it went so fast. I feel so lucky for one of my dreams to have come true.





Afterwards, obviously we still had the Q and A, and it was amazing. He actually seemed so nice and what you see on tv is what you get in person as well. He is honestly hilarious and had everyone laughing every minute of the interview. His sarcasm is so much like mine that I was in stitches. He answered everything from what was it like reading his last line in Doctor Who "I don't want to go" which he replied that he did cry to what is better acting in Britain or America.





Had the time of my life at this event and I hope to go to many more. I especially want to go to an event, David Tennant will be at again. I didn't think I could become a bigger fan of his and until Saturday.

Thank you for reading,
Rebecca Elaine x


8 comments

  1. Oh my gosh it looks and sounds like you had the best time! He is such a good actor too!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I’m so glad this went well for you! It can be so dangerous meeting your heroes and I’m so chuffed he was amazing as I’d hoped he’d be!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I don't watch Doctor Who or anything but how amazing must that have been, meeting someone you adore so much!

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh babe this sounds like you've ha an awesome time! Super jealous!! 🌸✨

    With love, Alisha Valerie x | www.alishavalerie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had the best time! I love David Tennant too - he'll always be my fave Doctor Who & I really loved him as Hamlet too, and in Broadchurch omg too many things to choose! xo
    Sian | www.siankathrine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I'm so happy for you!! I met my heroes last year and they were both as charming and lovely as I thought they would be, it's so nice when that happens. I watched him in Hamlet in English but I've never really been that big a fan, but it's great that you got to meet him!

    Amy | hookedonthemusic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh this sounds so cool!! I had a year out during sixth form as I was so unwell with anxiety, it was one of the worst times for me, and I spent just about all of it rewatching David Tennant Doctor Who episodes too! They are so cool, there's just nothing like David Tennant Dr Who xD what's your favourite episode? (I'm getting carried away now xD) xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (I would love to follow each other on bloglovin if you like :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many favourite episodes! One of them definitely has to be The Last of the Time Lords. I honestly can't pick one which is my definite favourite. What is your favourite? Theres just something about David Tennant, that gives you peace and makes you laugh, such an iconic actor in my eyes. I just followed you on bloglovin.

      Rebecca x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© RebeccaxElaine. Design by FCD.