WHY I LOVE SCOTLAND

Sunday 11 March 2018






Having been born and raised in Scotland, I am very grateful. Scotland is not a bad place to live. From the beautiful scenery to the strong accents. I honestly didn't have a post up for Sunday so Im writing this at 23:51, Saturday night on my iPad, bit annoying not having a physical keyboard and having to type a full post on a screen but it will do. I was having a moment where I was feeling very patriotic, so why the hell not write a post all about Scotland and why I feel lucky to live within.

Free Education

Being a university student, I couldn't imagine paying thousands and thousands of pounds for my education. I believe so highly that everyone should be entitled to the education they strive towards no matter what financial situation they are in. Thanks to the Scottish government I do not have to worry about how I am going to be able to afford my uni fees.

The Politics

 In Scotland 16 year olds can now vote in local and national elections. Which was a huge thing for me, I have a secret little passion for politics running through me so knowing so much about elections and being very passionate. Im 18 now but not being able to have a say at 16 was very challenging not only for me but a lot of young people. Nowadays people don't realise how mature a lot of 16 to 17 year olds are. It's always the rowdy trouble makers that give teenagers a bad name. In addition to this, I'm very grateful to live in a country where I and the majority of citizens agree with the same decisions in elections. I've never been truly dissapointed with Scotland's decision in elections.




The Scenery

There are so many lovely places to go and visit in Scotland, from castles to landscapes to cities. The highlands are gorgeous. Edinburgh, the capital city is blooming beautiful. Having lived there for a fair few months now. I fall deeper in love with the city more every day.

The History

Scotland is full of history. No matter where you go there will be a story. From Edinburgh castle to Mary Kings Close to just random little places. Stories, stories, stories. It's bloody amazing.

Scotland to me will forever be my home. I don't see myself ever moving away. I want to raise my children here, live my whole life here. That's not saying I never want to see other parts of the world. This is just my forever home. Have you been to Scotland? If not would you ever come here? Or do you already live here? Let me know in the comments.

Thank you for reading,
Rebecca Elaine

7 comments

  1. Scotland is so beautiful! I really want to go and visit!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve never been to Scotland! I’d really like to go and see a bit of their culture and countryside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know some of these facts about Scotland babe, thanks for sharing and making me aware! 🌸✨

    With love, Alisha Valerie x | www.alishavalerie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best friend lives in Scotland but I'm yet to visit there! I love a good UK staycation and I think there are some wonderful places in the UK for a holiday so Scotland is defintiely on my radar!

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly Scotland always looks and sounds incredible to me. With the scenery especially, it looks so beautiful there, almost like something from a fairytale.

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to Scotland - I've wanted to for years but I've just never got around to it. Although I have SO much respect for the fact that they allow free higher education and the younger voting age - they're both things I feel incredibly passionate about xo
    Sian | www.siankathrine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mum and the entire side of her family are Scottish, I have to say I love the accents and slang phrases so much! If I'm ever up there again, I'll be sure to give you a call and perhaps we can meet up? I always love going up to see my relatives, I really want to learn more about the country and its history though.

    Amy | hookedonthemusic.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© RebeccaxElaine. Design by FCD.