Primark Highlighters | Do they glow?!

Saturday 27 May 2017


For my first makeup post on my blog, I thought I would do a review on the new Primark highlighting palette and Strobing Highlighter Cream. Primark began bringing out makeup a little while ago but are still quite new to the scene. I heard really good things about the palette and the cream but still had my doubts, is Primark makeup really that good? So I thought I would give them a try!



Not going to lie, I am not a big fan of the photos for this. However, the Strobing Highlighter Cream is gorgeous. Very hard to show it on camera so that is why the photo is not the best. However, when you look at it in person it looks like you just have a healthy glow about you.

You could mix this into your foundation, put it on your cheekbones after foundation or both. It will give you a gorgeous glow as if it is coming from within and also is a great underlayer for the highlighter palette. Primark is currently selling two shades, I picked up the shade Pearl, which has a yellow undertone.

As I use mine for a primer underneath the powder highlight, I think this is such a good product especially for the price, you just cannot go wrong.



Recently they have brought out a highlighting palette, which when I first saw it I thought it looked gorgeous. As you can see by the swatches on my arm, this palette is super pigmented! I definitely was not expecting that amount of pigment from this palette. It is insane. I was super anxious with them being that pigmented it would just look like a stripe on your face. However, I can tell you this does not look like a random stripe on your cheeks whatsoever, it does, however, make you glow to the gods. Now I am not just saying that generic phrase that every blogger or vlogger for the sake of it. I mean it when I say it! This palette is intense. If you don't want an intense highlight you need the tiniest little *dab* of the brush into the highlight itself or look for another highlighter that is subtle.

This palette could be used for most skintones, I prefer to mix the shades Glimmer and Firefly into Desert just to lighten them a little to go with my pale ass skin. Eden is such a gentle colour that gives such a nice rose glow without being too pink. I am very inpressed with the shades in this palette, such a great mix. All in all, for £5, it is totally worth it and I have no regrets buying it and if mine ever runs out I shall be repurchasing.


This is a picture of the highlight on my cheek. Don't mind my spots but I'm human... This is both the highlights on my cheek. Just a little bright, ya know.

Overall, I am really impressed with both these products and highly recommend them. Well done Primark you actually proved me wrong when I thought your products would be of a low quality and I apologise. This product is a must buy! Get your hands on it now!


*All views are my own*

Becks x

9 comments

  1. This is so cool, I really need to try highlighter!

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really tried any of Primark's new makeup range but I'm gonna check them out and see if they're cruelty-free/vegan so I can give them a try. They look wonderful! πŸŒΈπŸ’œ✨

    With love, Alisha Valerie. x
    www.AlishaValerie.com | www.twitter.com/AlishaValerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good, well done primark!! Also, great work on your first makeup post, I really like it! The strobing cream sounds fantastic for a healthy glow mixed in with foundation, which is exactly what I want in summer πŸ’•

    Hayley | www.crueltyfreehayley.com x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of primarks makeup is amazing I have one of the contour kits and it's so good for how much it costs! I'm not a massive fan of highlighter but I will give this a try if I see it in my local store x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried the Primark beauty products cause I didn't think they'd be great, but this highlighter really does glow! x

    G

    www.teawithgi.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These products look so good, primark makeup is surprisingly so good,have you tried the lip liners?

    www.harrietday.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm quite intrigued by highlighters, I've to admit haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought once a crayon lipstick on Primark and it was actually real good but i am yet to try more. Great reviews ! glad to know they are good !

    https://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© RebeccaxElaine. Design by FCD.