MY DEAREATHON TBR

Wednesday 5 September 2018




I have never taken part in a readathon before, so I am so excited for this to be my first one. The Drop Everything and Read Readathon starts on Thursday 6th September to Saturday 8th September, just a little two-day readathon. It is hosted by two booktubers Caz from LittleBookOwl and Red from LittleRedReads. You can follow the twitter page for the readathon by clicking here if you also want to partake and find out the rules. I will be starting at 8am tomorrow morning as this will be 12am their time, meaning I will start reading when everyone else does instead of starting at 12am my time which I could've also had done.

For my choice of books I have three, very optimistic of myself to finish three books in two days, I know! However, my plan is not to finish them all. One of them I have already started and I am so close to finishing so that is my goal for the morning of the first day of the readathon and then I will pick another book to finish and then hopefully by the end of the readathon I will have started book number three. I don't know which book out of the two to read first.


Wilde Like Me by Louise Pentland 




This is the book that I have already made my way through a lot of and am currently reading. It is about a woman named Robin Wilde, a single mother, a makeup artist's assistant, struggling with seeing the beauty of life. Robin feels as though she is lacking, not as good as the other mums of the classmates of her daughters, lacking in self-confidence. Robin turns to online dating to give her life an extra pep and to boost herself up a bit. Then things start to change for Robin... more opportunities start to come her way. 

So far I am really enjoying this book and cannot wait to finish it throughout the readathon. Louise Pentland is an OG youtuber, I have been watching her for the past 7 years, maybe even more. I am always sceptical when it comes to youtubers writing books (we all know what happened with Zoella's book). I was a bit hesitant to pick it up and read but I am so glad I did eventually pick it up. I am so excited to keep reading. 

The Sellout by Paul Beatty 




The Sellout is about a boy from the 'ghetto' on the outskirts of LA, who is in financial debt and thinks that the solution is his father writing a memoir about being a subject in racially charged psychological studies. When his father is shot and killed in a police shootout, it becomes clear there was no memoir written. The young boy then decides he is going to right out the wrong and initiates help from the town's most famous person and initiates one of the most ridiculous actions that is imaginable, which lands him in Supreme Court. 

This is a book I have been wanting to read for so long but has just sat on my shelf staring at me to be read. I recently went through a reading slump so now that I am out of it, it is time to start reading. This book is apparently hilarious and will have you in fits of the giggles, which is a book I need right now. I have only ever heard of great things from this book. I shall definitely upload a review to my blog in the next upcoming weeks so keep an eye out if you want to hear my opinions. 

How To Stop Time by Matt Haig



Tom Hazard, a man that lives for centuries and continue doing so as long as he sticks to one rule, he does not fall in love. He has lived throughout history with some amazing jobs and memories but decides one day, he wants to live a normal life. Moving to London, Tom becomes a high school history teacher, but whilst teaching, the school's French teacher becomes quite fascinated in Tom. Tom will have to make a big decision. Shall he continue living in the past or decide to live in the present?!

I think this book I am most excited to read. Apparently, you either love this book or hate it, according to the author himself. I have previously read The Humans by Haig and absolutely loved it and found myself laughing at the book. I love the authors writing style and the way he captivates so I am honestly so excited to give this book a read. Matt Haig is an author who I look up to a lot. I follow him on twitter and constantly see him engaging with his followers and quite often talks about mental health, which he deals with himself. Seeing an author, be so open about his struggles but so motivating at the same time is just amazing. If you want to go and follow Matt Haig on twitter click here.


I am so excited about all the books that I have chosen to read over the two days of the readathon. I think it is a good mix of genres, so I surely can't get bored. I have been looking for a readathon to partake in since I have gotten out of the blogging rut so the fact this one is happening, I am overjoyed! Are you taking part? 



6 comments

  1. I probably wouldn’t do a readathon anymore because I don’t really have the time and don’t want the pressure of worrying how many books I’m going to read! I’d like to give Louise’s book a go - I’m a big fan of her YT :)

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never taken part in a readathon but they sound really interesting! I might actually check this one out, I don't really know what the rules of them are but anything that involves loads of reading sounds fun haha. I also really want to read How to Stop Time, it looks really good. I've also just requested Wilde Like Me at my local library, I'm interested to see what her writing style is like!
    Beth x Adventure & Anxiety

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh these look like some really intriguing books! I had hoped to take part in the DEARathon, but I'm a bit swamped with school work, so I've decided to sit this one out. Good luck, though! I hope you get tons read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A readathon sounds like a fab idea, I hope you enjoy! All of these books look gorgeous.

    Vicki | www.missviclb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this before but it sounds like a great idea! Hope you enjoy all the books. I've got how to stop time too, I really need to read that soon! x

    Tiffany x www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Sellout has been taunting me from my shelves for so long! Good luck with the readathon!
    Imogen’s Typewriter. <3

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© RebeccaxElaine. Design by FCD.